Give a man a fish and you would have fed him for a day, but give a man a microphone and you’re sure to be entertained—or not. Having your own karaoke event can be a sure-fire way to turn an otherwise bland occasion into a memorable one. If you haven’t had a karaoke party or been to one, here are seven reasons why you shouldn’t be missing out on the fun.
1. Because it’s fun. Various characters and personalities can show up at your event, and that alone can promise a time of entertainment. Whether you have the natural singers who crave for the spotlight, or reluctant “shower singers” who need some gentle prodding, or a pack of off-key wannabes who don’t mind looking stupid on stage, you’re sure to be in for an interesting night.
2. Because it’s more convenient. Karaoke machine rentals make it so easy for you to host karaoke nights or private sing-offs right in your own backyard. There’s no need to go around town looking for a place to sing in public. There’s also no need to waste your time lining up on an exceptionally long waiting list, especially for bars and restaurants that have quite popular karaoke nights.
3. Because you can sing all you like. When you rent a karaoke machine, you get to control your event and sing to your heart’s delight. Sing anything you want, anytime you want. Just make sure to pass the mike so that others can have their time in the spotlight, too.
4. Because you want to get in touch with your inner Idol. Admit it—you’ve always wanted to sing. Whether you’re a born singer or your voice croaks like a frog, having your own karaoke event gives everyone the chance to fulfill this secret fantasy.
5. Because you want something for your YouTube channel. This especially applies for those hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered on social media. This can be your ticket to Good Morning America! But be sure you get those coveted likes for the right reasons, like an exceptionally otherworldly performance—although vomiting on stage while singing can also give you your 15 minutes of fame.
6. Because it can be the perfect opportunity. This works especially well when you want to impress someone with the perfect serenade, or poke fun at somebody. A karaoke-themed party is also an ideal time to make a fool of one’s self, so watch out.
7. Just because. Like any other party idea, karaoke has the potential to make your event a memorable one for all the right reasons (as well as the wrong ones). It all boils down to proper planning as well as a dash of spontaneity. Whatever your reasons or motivation, try organizing a karaoke event of your own. Set a date, lay down a plan, contact a karaoke machine rental supplier, invite your guests—and let the event play out. You might discover for yourself the fun you might be missing.